A new wave of Covid-19 hit Japan late August forcing the government to install once again a state of emergency. Several events were cancelled for safety concerns. The finals of UNIDOL 2021 Summer to be held on August, 31st were unfortunately one of them.
The organizers were able to save the MISS UNIDOL election. The fans had from August, 20th to 29th to pick the most Kawaii college student Idol among 14 participants. The votes were casted on the dedicated website and on SHOWROOM.
On August, 31st the results came in.
– MISS UNIDOL 2021 – Yukki of [Cotton Candy], 3rd year at Kyoto University.
– MISS UNIDOL 2021 Runner-up – Mai of [Hito no Kane de Sushi ga Tabetai], 4th yearat “C” University.
– Jury Special Prize – Sakura of [Bombs!] ], 4th year at “C” University.
– Modelpress Special Prize – Yukki of [Cotton Candy] ], 3rd year at Kyoto University.
– MISCOLLE Special Prize – Kiichan of [Kanzen Muteki Cinderella] ], 2th year at “A” University.
(From left to right : Yukki, Mai, Sakura, Kiichan)
We will see the girls again on October, 6th-7th for UNIDOL Fresh at the Shinjuku Reny. Let’s get our penlights ready to cheer them! #UNIDOL21F
Special thanks to UNIDOL management for the official pictures
Article and translation by Anthony.